St. Jerome School, founded by the Sisters of St Joseph of Carondelet, opened in 1952 with eight classrooms, serving students in Grades 1-8. The school grew rapidly and by 1961, St. Jerome School was thriving with sixteen classrooms. By 1978, due to declining enrollment, the school was once again a single classroom school. In 1973 a kindergarten was added. And since 1978 a computer lab, a library, an office, a mailroom, extended care room, a science lab, an art room, and an activity/meeting room have been added in the available classrooms. In 1987 an Extended Care Program for all students enrolled in the school, was initiated in response to growing needs and parent requests. In 1998 a physical fitness playground was erected and in the same year the computer lab and library were redesigned to provide greater use of technology and media. Computer lab and classroom computers were wired to have access to the Internet and intra-school communication. In April of 1997 a School Board was established to consult in the governance of the school. A School Support Organization was formed in 2002 to assist and drive school fundraising. In 2019, all middle school students will have one-o-one Chromebooks and all elementary students will have one-to-one iPads.